8.23.2010

Homeless: The Motel Kids of Orange County

I watched the above titled HBO documentary Saturday afternoon.
It told the story of several kids and their families in Orange County, California. The one thing they have in common is that their current residence is a motel room. Yes, I said motel, not hotel.
The motels are located within blocks of Disneyland and serve as a haven for drugs and violence where the children see police cars, gangs, and experience death first hand.
Their parents work, but do not make enough to rent a home or apartment.
The children are able to attend school and receive two meals per day through the generosity of The Hope School, a school for homeless children.

This was truly an inspirational story that reminded me of the side of this world that exists in our own backyards.


As our own children go back to school, their stories should serve as a reminder of how Blessed we truly are.

To get more info on Homeless: The Motel Kids of Orange County please visit:
http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/homeless-the-motel-kids-of-orange-county/index.html#/documentaries/homeless-the-motel-kids-of-orange-county

To learn more or to donate to the Project Hope School please visit:
ww.projecthopeschool.org

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog! Thanks for your kind words of wisdom I needed that.
    My heart yerns for these kids. I will pray for them in my fast tomarrow. Great post.

    ReplyDelete