8.19.2010

The Balancing Act

As someone who has more than enough, I still struggle with doing the right thing...and yet I still find myself in line with another clothing item that will probably still have the tag on it 6 months from now. Why is it easier to be selfish than to help? I ask myself this quite often when I am reminded that my ability to give in to "me"  has overshadows my ability to help "her, him, them, you". So many others on this side of the equation, but yet the only person that has been benefiting lately is you know who.


I find myself wondering where time goes. I then realize that when I subtract the number of hours I work, add to that my attempt to make time for family and friends, not to mention myself, and multiply that by the time it takes to do the everyday stuff, I am left with a number that does not make any sense.
I cant pretend that I dont know why. The equation is one sided.

In my efforts to not be hard on myself, I try and remember this:
Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are.
I feel like I do this daily.

Im not here to list what I do or what I have done, the point is that I feel that it is simply not been enough lately. Now that I have recognized the issue, I am on a course to fix it. That doesnt mean that I have to cut myself completely out of the picture. Afterall, if I am not happy how can I work toward making someone else happy.

Thus, I find myself in the Balancing Act.

1 comment: