12.06.2010

Take a Walk in Their Shoes

When I first heard about TOMS shoes and what this company does, I immediately wanted a pair.
With every pair you purchase TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One.
As of September, TOMS has given away 1,000,000 pairs of shoes to children in 24 countries.
http://www.toms.com/



TOMS was created by Blake Mycoskie. After visiting Argentina in 2006 and discovering that the children had no shoes for their feet, he developed TOMS as a way to help alleviate the problem. How commendable. I admire him for not only seeing a problem, but developing and implementing a solution.



I purchased the limited edition charity: water Earthwise Women's Classic. Not only will a child be receiving a pair of shoes, but this pair also contributes to the building of three new clean water wells in Ethiopia. How great is that. The print on the shoe is the map of Africa and I know I will be wearing these quite often.

2 comments:

  1. I have to order a pair!!! I love the shoe because of the cause. You are really the Charitable DIVA. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Let me know which ones you get. I would love to see how you style them.

    ReplyDelete